Saturday 19 March 2011

I hope I'm losing it...

Like so many, I've been battling with my weight for ages. It started when, objectively, I had nothing to battle with. Unfortunately people around me weren't objective and managed to make me believe I was fat and ugly. Thank you, family and friends.
At some point I got rid of depression, eating disorders and learnt to appreciate myself. I was fatter than I should've been at that point but still within healthy range (just) and, most importantly, I was happy and well. Unfortunately, years later, I put on more kilograms and I really need it to go away now. Usual diets bring my lovely eating disorders back so it's a no-no. But I think I found it. My "miracle" (tfu tfu, spitting over the shoulder and all that). Soy-derivatives. To be honest, it was my daughter, Little Miss, who put me on the right track. She has dairy and soy intolerance and that includes soy oil and soy lecithin. Because of this I started to read about soy and other food-related things and... And I got disgusted. Reading up on soy managed what all the health-consciousness didn't - it put me off supermarket goodies like ice-cream, most chocolate and other yummies. So basically I decided that if I feel like sweets, I have to make them. I'm not forbidding myself to buy things but 95% of time simply reading the ingredients puts me off. It seems to be working, I've lost 2kg last month and hopefully it will continue.
Oh, and I've just had a piece of chocolate cake from the previous post... yum!

5 comments:

  1. I am also trying to lose some weight. I didn't choose any soya products but I have dicided to eat more healthy food and the most important eat less then before. Well, results are not that much spectacular but my jeans are already a lil bit loose ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I also eat less, especially in the evenings - we try to eat a big lunch/dinner and a small supper. I do feel little hungry sometimes before bed but I'll have a warm herbal infusion rather than a snack. Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please please motivate me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yalla, go! Haha. I'm useless, I can't motivate myself that's why I have to use tricks and disgust ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yahhh "Yalla go" is a quite good motivation haha

    ReplyDelete