Thursday 28 April 2011

I made edible bread


Some of you know - I don't succeed in making bread. Any kind. Ever. Me and yeast do not agree. It refuses to do what yeast is supposed to do. Each and every time. And yet I've continued to fantasize about home-baked bread. The freedom of being able to have the exact bread I want with the exact ingredients and saltiness I want. And then I stumbled upon this site . It has a recipe for a spelt raisin bread. Now, it wasn't the exact recipe I was looking for but it has eliminated my problem. For the first time in my life I got the stupid yeast to work. The dough doubled, bubbled and basically behaved itself in a very yeasty fashion.  The bread looked very handsome, smelled good and Little Miss seemed to appreciate it. I had to tweak the original recipe a little and it came out too yeasty, too dense and too crumbly (in my opinion).  But it was a first success! I won't post the recipe here as my bread wasn't good enough to share with the world but do follow the link, there is a secret to the whole process.

No comments:

Post a Comment